|Table Name||News launch Tables|
|Historical ‘A’ Tables (home data): past years and months|
|Employment circumstances Information launch (month-to-month) Current populace study (CPS)|
|Historical ‘B’ Tables (Establishment information): past years and months|
|Employment circumstances Information launch (month-to-month) Current work data (CES)|
|Weekly Earnings Tables: past quarters|
|typical Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers Information Release (quarterly) Current Population Survey (CPS)|
|Union Affiliation Tables: past years|
|Union customers News launch (annual) Current populace study (CPS)|
|usage of Historical information Series by topic: past years and months|
|Browse labor pool, work, jobless, along with other information by subject Current populace study (CPS)|
- Series Report — now the series already identifier for the statistic you want? Utilize this shortcut to recover your computer data. ( See tab-delimited files below for series id codes. )
- LN series id list – labor pool data such as the unemployment rate that is national
- LE show id list – regular profits and employees compensated hourly rates
- LU series id list – Union affiliation information
- FM series id list – Marital and household labor pool data
- Compressed flat files website — For people who are interested all. Down load a compressed flat file regarding the entire LN database or large subset associated with the LN database.
Most-Requested CPS Tables
- Work status of this populace, 1940s to date (HTML) (PDF)
- Employment status by intercourse, 1970s to date (HTML) (PDF)
- Work status by step-by-step age (HTML) (PDF)
- Work status by academic attainment (HTML) (PDF)
- Work by detailed career, intercourse, competition, and ethnicity that is hispanicHTML) (PDF)
- Median earnings that are weekly detail by detail career and intercourse (HTML) (PDF)
Most-Requested CPS Publications
- Handbook of practices
- Methodology for seasonally adjusting household labor force series that is national
- Changes to household study populace quotes
- Present Population Survey, design and methodology (Technical paper 77) (2019) (PDF) october
- Earlier incarnations:
- Technical paper 66, 2006 (PDF) october
- Technical paper 63, revised March 2002 (PDF)
- Technical paper 63, March 2000 (PDF)
- Earlier incarnations:
Final Modified Date: April 21, 2020
Folks Are Asking.
- Where can we discover the jobless price for previous years?
- Exactly exactly How may be the jobless price pertaining to jobless insurance claims?
- What exactly is adjustment that is seasonal?
- How come the national government gather data from the unemployed?
- Where do the statistics originate from?
- Exactly what are the basic ideas of unemployment and employment?
- Who’s counted as used?
- That is counted as unemployed?
CPS Special Notices
- BLS discovered mistakes in certain quotes within the Profile associated with the Working Poor a number of reports. More Details
- The effect of this partial government shutdown in the Employment Situation for October 2013. More Information
CPS Associated Hyper Hyper Links
Associated Hyper Hyper Links to Other BLS Information
- Information for CPS Participants
- What to anticipate if you have been plumped for to be involved in the present Population Survey.
- Employment, Hours, and profits through the CES study (nationwide)
- Month-to-month national data by step-by-step industry on work, hours, and profits of workers from the payrolls of nonfarm establishments.
- Geographic Area Unemployment Statistics
- Month-to-month and employment that is annual jobless, and labor pool information for Census areas and divisions, States, counties, urban centers, and several urban centers, by host to residence.
- Nationwide Longitudinal Studies
- A few surveys collecting information at numerous points with time concerning the work market and life experiences of six sets of US males, females, and youth.
- Occupational Employment Statistics
- Information on work and wages for more than 800 occupations as well as for about 400 nonfarm companies when it comes to country, plus occupational data for States and areas that are metropolitan.
Other Helpful Links
- Census Bureau Population and Home Topics
- Census Bureau’s Home and Housing Statistics
- Money and Poverty Data
- Census Bureau Current Population Study
- Employment and Training Management
- Weekly unemployment insurance coverage claims data
Contact the Active Population Survey (CPS)
- Re Re Search CPS topics A to Z
- View CPS faqs
State, city, and county work force information
Work force information for Census areas and divisions, states, counties, urban centers, and several metropolitan areas can be obtained individually through the neighborhood jobless Statistics (LAUS) program. Contact LAUS by email or call (202) 691-6392.
Nationwide labor pool information
CPS economists can be obtained to work with you Monday through Friday (8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Time that is eastern, excluding federal vacations.
- E mail us by email
- Call us by phone: (202) 691-6378 To enable us to higher offer every one of our clients, please cannot submit email concerns and then phone for the exact same information.
For help with these unique subjects:
- State, city, county, as well as other area that is local through the geographic area jobless data (LAUS) program: (202) 691-6392 or email
- CPS public usage microdata files can be obtained from the Census Bureau
- BLS microdata estimation methodology for CPS: email
- CPS adjustment that is seasonal: email