The personal brand will serve to promote you in the Real Estate world and be more valued in your sector.
Do you feel you should be advancing more in your profession? Are you skilled but need more clients to talk to? It is possible that the wall stopping you from achieving this is having good Personal Brand. Have you thought about that? Having an Own Brand can help you make the jump you need. And now, fortunately, we have the right tools to achieve it: Internet and Social Networks. If we have caught your attention just keep reading…
Every realtor should have their own Personal Brand. Especially with the great competition that exists in the real estate market. The more you differentiate, highlight and position yourself as a good realtor, the better results you will get. Years ago, in the era of the “mass media”, only celebrities enjoyed personal branding. He who did not appear on television or in the newspapers had it more complicated. But now, with communication 2.0, anyone can build their personal brand through a Blog and Social Networks. The Internet puts at your fingertips the option of creating your own stamp. How?
Here are some key tips!
- Know yourself well You must analyze yourself and discover what your passions are, what you are good at and what you like. The basis is to enjoy what you do. It is essential that your personal brand is closely linked to your strengths and the opportunities you find in the environment to develop them. You are not interested in building your Personal Branding on a facet that is too far away from you or that is not particularly good for you. Nor is it about being who you are not, quite the opposite: what works is to be oneself, to be authentic. Of course, always showing and giving visibility to the best of you.
- Set a goal The next step you must take to design your Personal Brand is to set a goal, to mark yourself a destination. You must ask yourself:
– What do I want to be?
– Who do I want to become?
– What do I want to be an expert of?- Where would I like to see myself in the future?
If you do not have an objective, you can hardly establish a strategy. You need to mark yourself a destination so that your actions are more concrete and have a purpose. Sometimes, on the way, you will make the wrong decisions or carry out plans that take you away from the path you have marked for yourself. It does not matter, it’s normal. But if your goal is clear, if your goal is defined, sooner or later you will find the path that takes you where you want.
- Have your own domain (.com)When you are clear about where you want to go, it is time to consider having your own domain. The most advisable thing is that your domain has your first and last name. There is no better logo than your own name. It is also something that will accompany you throughout your life, so it is the best choice for the creation of your Personal Branding. And what will you have in your domain? Your blog! Next, we will talk about HIM.
- Pay attention to what you offer Once you have the objective clear, you should think about the services you are going to offer. There are three ingredients that everyone looks for in a product or service: that is useful, reliable and visible. You must consider these three aspects when you think about what you are going to contribute. If you want to be useful write down these three words: time, money and well-being. For someone to consider that what you do is useful, you must save time, save money or provide welfare.
- Take care of your BLOG, it is the most powerful personal positioning tool The blog should be the strongest part of your personal brand on the Internet. Thanks to him you can prove that you are a reliable professional. The advantage of the blog with respect to other digital platforms is that your material will be there forever and only you can control what appears. Provide valuable content that is useful, interesting, that helps your readers or that entertains them. That is the key to being chosen!
- Write content that will take you to your goal. Made everything focused on the goal you have set and what you want to achieve. Otherwise, you will lose focus and lose strength.
- Include keywords in the titles of your publications. These are the terms that most people look for. If, for example, you are going to write an article about the mortgage, go to Google, put “mortgage” and look at the bottom of the related searches that appear. Those are the keywords.
- Write a post of more than 300 words. If they have less, they will hardly have a presence and Google will not position them. It includes links, mentions, quotes to your sources … It is the best way for others to reach you and begin to gain visibility. Be patient. Having a powerful blog, positioned and that receives many visits takes a while. Do not despair. If you are constant and take care of the content, sooner or later you will achieve it.
- Take good picturesThe image you offer is important. And we do not just refer, in a metaphorical way, to what your words and your way of communicating project. In that case, the advice we give you is literal: take care of the photos you share on the Internet. Above all, the one that you put in the profile and the cover of your blog and social networks. Make yourself a good photograph that meets these characteristics: professional, where you recognize yourself well, that you go straight ahead, that you do not have objects or shadows that cover your face, clear and with good light. We recommend posting the same photo on all social networks so users can identify you quickly.
- Use videos to show you and let you know A video is the format with the most growth forecasts on the Internet and can greatly help your personal positioning. Record yourself speaking on camera and offering valuable content. Use a close, colloquial and natural language for this. With this, you will humanize your Personal Brand and generate trust among your followers. Also, it’s a good way to differentiate yourself because it’s not usual for people to do it. Another option is to share videos where you are seen giving talks and lectures of yours. They will greatly enhance your Personal Branding.
- Do Networking and give talks related to what you do in the Real Estate world.In addition to working the online part, something that will greatly help your Personal Brand is offline. That is, the real world. And this is where personal cards come into play, they are still a useful (and widely used) tool to let you know and practice Networking. As for the design choose the one you want, but keep in mind that it should be in accordance with the image you have on the Internet, your personality, your profession and the sector in which you want to “succeed”.
Practice networking, that concept so fashionable in recent years. That is, attend conferences on topics related to real estate. Show yourself active and sociable in those events. Write articles in your blog about them, showing your point of view and the main conclusions. And, later, share them on social networks mentioning the contacts and references that you have met in person.
You can also go a step further and start giving talks or classes about your specialty. It is a great way to let you know, that people know what you do and then remember you when they need a professional of your profile.
You must remove the shame, overcome the fear and tell the world what you know! Cheer up!